We look back on 2020 and will always think of this past year as the most challenging the Canadian oil and gas industry has ever seen. However, for Fraction Energy Services and our ownership group, Green Energy Services Inc., we have done our best to put the challenges aside and work even harder to ensure we acknowledge and exceed our customers safety and operational expectations.
On one of the most exciting projects completed this year, Fraction Energy Services participated in what may be considered one of the largest frac water supply projects in North America. The project involved pumping nearly 100% recovered and reused frac water from multiple sources through an underground pipeline network to lease with a combined transfer distance of 160km.
- Location: Northeast British Columbia, Montney Play
- Transfer Distance: 160km
- Pipeline: various diameter of underground pipeline
- Delivery: up to 9.0m3/min to lease
- Volume: 200,000m3+
- Number of Water Sources: 8 – Produced Water and Fresh Water
- Pumping System: 17 – Centrifugal pumps all equipped with LightspeedTM telemetry including automated water storage tank level control monitors
Operating a pumping system that involved concurrent withdrawals from multiple water sources at variable rates required fantastic pre-planning and cooperation from both the Fraction and Customer Teams. The project highlighted the importance of creating strong business partner relationships when managing logistically complex systems.
Project execution was flawless:
- Zero incidents
- Zero spills
- Zero non-productive time
We can’t say it enough: Great Job Team!!